pyAFQ 1.0 is out; some thoughts on documentation
It’s been a little while. One reason to write now is that we finally release a version 1.0 of our software pyAFQ. This has been a long time in the making. This is a project that I started working on together with Jason Yeatman soon after first arriving at UW in 2015. However, it really only took off in earnest after John Kruper joined us in this effort in 2019, and with the funding that we received in late 2019.
One of the things that I hope to do next is an overhaul of the documentation. I have noticed that we field a set of the same questions from collaborators and I am hopeful that rethinking the documentation will have an impact on our ability to collaborate with researchers from a variety of backgrounds who want to use the methods, and will also enable us to more effectively capture the knowledge that we accumulate through these interactions. I am excited about the framework that is laid out in divio’s documentation system, and we are currently working to implement this with Qiqi Liang, who recently joined the group as a research assistant. This is currently work in progress in a PR that will hopefully replace our current documentation before too long.